TVET Personnel in ASEAN - Investigation in five ASEAN states
Studie im Auftrag der GIZ
TVET personnel is the backbone of any advanced TVET system. Therefore, in most ASEAN member countries the further advancement of TVET personnel is identified as a high priority. This study provides a comparative analysis of the current state of TVET personnel development in five ASEAN countries – Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam – exploring promising areas for further action.
The investigation addresses the following key questions:
1. What are typical forms of pre-service and in-service training in the region? What different kinds of career development paths are available?
2. How is TVET personnel understood and categorised within the classifications of TVET teachers, TVET school management and in-company trainers? What are differences and similarities between the different classifications of TVET personnel?
3. How is the demand for TVET personnel quantified in the ASEAN member states? Are the institutional settings and national framework conditions well prepared for the challenges in pre- and in-service training?
4. What are conclusions and recommendations for national TVET systems and TVET delivery in a national and regional context?
5. What good practices and lessons learned regarding TVET personnel development in the ASEAN member states can be concluded and used for transfer of knowledge?